[Pattern book for English knife and fork handles].
- [England?] : [s.n.] , [ca. 1780?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTS380 .P38 1780+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The leaves are entirely engraved.
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks title page. Stitched, as issued.
Pattern book for knife and fork handles, by an unidentfied English manufacturer, probably circa 1780. There are multiple designs printed on each leaf. Each design bears a number (engraved) and a price (added in pen and ink).
- Subject Terms:
- Cutlery -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1780.Forks -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.Kitchen utensils -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Knives -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Tableware -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.
- Sales catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.