My favourite souvenir = Cenderahati kegemaran ku / [Jackie Batey].
- Additional Title(s):
Cenderahati kegemaran ku
- First edition
- Brighton : Damp Flat Books, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- ,  p. : col. ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.B384 M94 2005Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Text in English and Malay. The section in Malay was translated from the English by Shep Sharer.
Total edition limited to 20 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy no. 11 of 20, signed and dated by the artist. Bound in publisher's original red cloth (English/Malay). A white paper band (also signed by the artist) holds the book closed.
Artist's book. "This book was created as a response to the many souvenirs that are available at popular tourist destinations. ... The book is made in two sections: The red section [in English] is from the perspective of a traveler from England to Malaysia [Kuala Lumput] and the blue section [in Malay] is from the perspective of a traveler from Malaysia to England [Brighton]. Both travelers have bought the same souvenirs and the book can be opened to contrast similar items. Melancholy travel and memory quotes accompany the images along with drawings that were created during my journey."--Publisher's website.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Batey, Jackie -- Autograph.Damp Flat Books -- Publisher.Souvenirs (Keepsakes)Tourism and art.Travel -- Quotations, maxims, etc.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.