Point and place / [Julie Susan Brixey-Williams ... [et al.].
- Kingston Upon Thames : Art and Space, 2007.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. (some col.) ; 16 x 50 cm folded to 16 x 16 cm + 1 transparent leaf of text.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.P65 P65 2007Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Point and Place is a group of artists from across various discipl[in]es ... in 2007 they produced their first piece of work together, a limited edition collaborative bookwork."--Rajni Shah, http://www.rajnishah.com/point-and-place (viewed 6 Jan. 2009).
Artists: Julie Brixey-Williams, Camilla Brueton, Simon Kennedy, Rajni Shah, Theron U. Schmidt, Caroline Younger.
Edition of 100.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 52 of a 100 copies.
"The leaves open outwards--left to right, right to left--in a series of triptychs of image and text that overlay, interrupt and interact with each other ... Unattributed and structurally free--the book is bound so that they can fold and unfold over each other without a prescribed order--images float between contexts and hint at worlds they can't contain."--Introductory leaf, by Mary Paterson.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
- Folded books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.