R.M.S. "Queen Mary" : "a noble tribute to the imagination of man" ; launched September 26th, 1934, by Her Majesty Queen Mary, who was accompanied by His late Majesty King George V and His Majesty King Edward VIII, then Prince of Wales.
- [London?] : Cunard White Star, 
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. (col., some folded) ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsVM383.Q3 R57 1936+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Text by H.M. Tomlinson and E.P. Leigh-Bennett.
Chiefly illustrated with color reproductions of the artwork and fittings of the Queen Mary--much of it in art deco styles. Includes illustrations of wood sculpture by James Woodford and Bainbridge Copnall; paintings by A.Duncan Carse, Algernon Newton, Kenneth Shoesmith, and Vanessa Bell; and friezes by Maurice Lambert .
Edward VIII was King of the United Kingdom from 20 January to 11 December, 1936.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gold and red wrappers, with black silk ribbon.
- Subject Terms:
- Bell, Vanessa, 1879-1961.Carse, A. Duncan.Copnall, Bainbridge, 1903-Cunard White Star -- Publisher.Cunard White Star, ltd.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.Lambert, Maurice, 1901-1964.Marine painting.Mary, Queen, consort of George V, King of Great Britain, 1867-1953.Newton, Algernon, 1880-1968.Ocean liners -- Great Britain.Passenger ships -- Great Britain.Queen Mary (Steamship)Ship decoration.Shoesmith, Kenneth D., 1890 or 1-1939.Souvenirs (Keepsakes)Steamboat lines -- Great Britain.Woodford, James, 1893-
- Advertisements -- Great Britain -- 1936.
Photomechanical prints -- 1936.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.