The Emperor Maximilian's armories : a recently discovered early XVIth-century codex with Joerg Koelderer's watercolors / by Hans Nachod.
- New York : H.P. Kraus, 1952.
- Physical Description:
-  p., plates 9-20 : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsU810.N33 E47 1952+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View the catalog record for the original Kölderer manuscript at the Yale Center for British Art.
- Describes an illustrated manuscript catalog of the armories of Maximilian I, comprised chiefly of illuminated drawings by Jörg Kölderer, court artist. The manuscript is now in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art (Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts, Folio A 2011 36).
Issued as: Rare books, v. 7, no. 2 (Nov. 1952).
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Bayerische Staatsbibliothek. Manuscript. Cod. 222.Freysleben, Bartholomaeus, d. ca. 1511.Illumination of books and manuscripts, Renaissance -- Holy Roman Empire.Kölderer, Jörg, d. 1540.Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor, 1459-1519 -- Art patronage.Military art and science -- Holy Roman Empire.
YCBA Collections Search
Nachod, Hans, 1885-1958, The Emperor Maximilian's armories , 1952
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.