Negotiating the Jacobean printed book , c2011
- Negotiating the Jacobean printed book / edited by Pete Langman.
- Farnham, Surrey ; Ashgate, c2011.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- x, 229 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ325 .N44 2011 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Pete Langman -- The King's Printer's Bible monopoly in the reign of James I / Graham Rees -- Brought to book : purchases of special forms of prayers in English parishes, 1558-1640 / Natalie Mears -- Prayer book, polemic, and performance / Sharon Arnoult -- Print in the time of Jacobean parliaments / Cyndia Susan Clegg -- Printed and censored at the same time for one and the same statement : the fate of Georges Hakewill's writings in the context of the Spanish match / Andreas Pečar -- John Donne, James I, and the dilemmas of publication / Jane Rickard -- Francis Bacon, King James, and the private revision of public negotiations / Pete Langman -- The evolution of the English drill manual : soldiers, printers and military culture in Jacobean England / David R. Lawrence -- Epilogue : hammered / R. McGeddon.
- Subject Terms:
- Book industries and trade -- England -- History -- 17th century.Books and reading -- England -- History -- 17th century.Printing -- England -- History -- 17th century.