IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Negotiating the Jacobean printed book , c2011
Negotiating the Jacobean printed book / edited by Pete Langman.
- Farnham, Surrey ; Ashgate, c2011.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- x, 229 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ325 .N44 2011 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Book industries and trade -- England -- History -- 17th century.Books and reading -- England -- History -- 17th century.Printing -- England -- History -- 17th century.
- Introduction / Pete Langman
- The King's Printer's Bible monopoly in the reign of James I / Graham Rees
- Brought to book : purchases of special forms of prayers in English parishes, 1558-1640 / Natalie Mears
- Prayer book, polemic, and performance / Sharon Arnoult
- Print in the time of Jacobean parliaments / Cyndia Susan Clegg
- Printed and censored at the same time for one and the same statement : the fate of Georges Hakewill's writings in the context of the Spanish match / Andreas Pečar
- John Donne, James I, and the dilemmas of publication / Jane Rickard
- Francis Bacon, King James, and the private revision of public negotiations / Pete Langman
- The evolution of the English drill manual : soldiers, printers and military culture in Jacobean England / David R. Lawrence
- Epilogue : hammered / R. McGeddon.