Alken, Henry Thomas, 1784-1851, A few ideas, caught on Easter Monday, 1828
- A few ideas, caught on Easter Monday.
- London : Published by Thomas M'Lean, 26, Haymarket, 1828.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF301 .A453 1828+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A set of six satirical prints on an English fox hunt.
Etchings after Heny Alken.
Tooley includes this series in a set of Alken plates entitled: Ideas, accidental and incidental to hunting and other sports.
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1973 ed.) 36
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, 27
Siltzer, F. Story of British sporting prints (2nd ed) p. 72
Plates depicting humorous equestrian incidents and the dangers often associated when out hunting and not fully in control of your horse.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original buff papers wrappers printed in black.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- Great Britain -- Humor.Fox hunting -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Horse sports -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.
- Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1828.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.