Gibson, Strickland, 1877-1958, Early Oxford bindings;, 1903
Early Oxford bindings; by Strickland Gibson.
- Oxford, Printed for the Bibliographical Society at the Oxford University 1903.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p. l., 69 p. illus., 40 pl., 1 l. 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ270 E5 G5 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "A contribution to the history of bookbinding at Oxford down to the period of the civil war; it treats solely of bindings decorated with stamps and rolls to the exclusion of all gilt-tooled work."
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinding -- England.Bookbinding -- Facsimiles.