[Hardware patterns for key plates, drawer pulls, and a wall sconce], [ca. 1800?]
[Hardware patterns for key plates, drawer pulls, and a wall sconce].
- [England] : [s.n.], [ca. 1800?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : engraving ; 35 x 47 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 37 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The manufacturer of the hardware is unidentified.
The British Art Center copy is annotated with the prices of each item. They range from 1/2, for the simplest key plate, to 15/ pair for the wall sconce.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated with the prices of each item, in pen and black ink. Housed with: List of pattern book belonging to Ashforth, Ellis, Wilson and Hawksleys, platers, Sheffield, ca. 1785.
Eleven patterns for hardware, including six key plates, four drawer pulls, and one wall sconce, engraved on a single sheet. The wall sconce pattern is placed at center, with the other patterns arranged symmetrically around it. Each pattern is numbered (non-consecutively) from 603 to 647.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain.Hardware -- Great Britain -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Sconces -- Great Britain.
- Pattern books.
Engravings -- 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.