[Hardware patterns for key plates, drawer pulls, and a wall sconce], [ca. 1800?]
- [Hardware patterns for key plates, drawer pulls, and a wall sconce].
- [England] : [s.n.], [ca. 1800?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : engraving ; 35 x 47 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 37 OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Eleven patterns for hardware, including six key plates, four drawer pulls, and one wall sconce, engraved on a single sheet. The wall sconce pattern is placed at center, with the other patterns arranged symmetrically around it. Each pattern is numbered (non-consecutively) from 603 to 647.
The manufacturer of the hardware is unidentified.
The British Art Center copy is annotated with the prices of each item. They range from 1/2, for the simplest key plate, to 15/ pair for the wall sconce.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated with the prices of each item, in pen and black ink. Housed with: List of pattern book belonging to Ashforth, Ellis, Wilson and Hawksleys, platers, Sheffield, ca. 1785.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain.Hardware -- Great Britain -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Sconces -- Great Britain.
- Pattern books.
Engravings -- 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.