Szirtes, George, 1948-, The burning of the books , 2008
- The burning of the books : a poem sequence / by George Szirtes ; based on Elias Canetti's novel "Auto da Fé ; illustrated by Ron King.
- London : Circle Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 34Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 34aAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Prospectus for the limited edition version of The burning of the books (2008), comprised of excerpts thereof. The prospectus reproduces the title page, introduction, and the poem "In tall angular letters" and its accompanying illustration.
BAC: British Art Center copy inscribed from Ron King to Elisabeth Fairman: "Here then a sample taste of the book George & I have put together. The edition is limited to 35 copies ..." All leaves bear the ink stamp of "Circle Press Publications." Housed with the published edition.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Book burning -- Poetry.Circle Press -- Publisher.English poetry -- 21st century.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.