IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Szirtes, George, 1948-, The burning of the books , 2008
The burning of the books : a poem sequence / by George Szirtes ; based on Elias Canetti's novel "Auto da Fé ; illustrated by Ron King.
- London : Circle Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 34Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 34aView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: British Art Center copy inscribed from Ron King to Elisabeth Fairman: "Here then a sample taste of the book George & I have put together. The edition is limited to 35 copies ..." All leaves bear the ink stamp of "Circle Press Publications." Housed with the published edition.
Prospectus for the limited edition version of The burning of the books (2008), comprised of excerpts thereof. The prospectus reproduces the title page, introduction, and the poem "In tall angular letters" and its accompanying illustration.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Book burning -- Poetry.Circle Press -- Publisher.English poetry -- 21st century.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.