Cross readings : in eight humorous plates / by Peter Pasquin.
- London : Published by Thomas M'Lean, 26, Haymarket, 1826.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all col. ill. ; 27 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1475 .P96 1826+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 293
Title from cover.
Six illustrations on each plate, each illustration individually titled.
Peter Pasquin is a pseudonym of William Henry Pyne. Cf. Halkett and Laing.
Halkett, S. Dictionary of anonymous and pseudonymous English literature (1926-62 edition), II, 12
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 128
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original cream printed wrappers. Armorial bookplate: Thomas, Lord Coningesby.
Caricatures of the social life and customs of England in the 1820's.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Caricatures and cartoons -- Social aspects.Coningesby, Thomas, Lord -- Bookplate.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.Horsemanship -- Caricatures and cartoons.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.Satire, English.
- Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1826.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.