Magic Dun Cow ...
- [London] : S.G. Fairbrother, "Garrick" Printing Office, 31, Bow Street, Covent Garden, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.) ; 75 x 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 7Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Doret, Yale BA 1968, and Linda MitchellAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- At bottom: "Mr. Andrews, 167, New Bond St., sole authorized agent for the disposal of private boxes belonging to the theatre ...
Playbill for the Covent Garden Theatre, listing productions staged there in early February 1842 (probably from Feb. 4 to Feb. 11). The top half of the program advertises a production under the heading "Magic Dun Cow," which is presumably Richard Hughes' adaptation of Guy, Earl of Warwick. Also on the playbill are productions of Dion Boucicault's Irish heiress; Saverio Mercadante's Elena Uberti; and Vincenzo Bellini's Norma. The latter two productions starred Adelaide Kemble.
- Subject Terms:
- Bellini, Vincenzo, 1801-1835. Norma.Boucicault, Dion, 1820-1890. Irish heiress.Covent Garden Theatre.Hughes, Richard, fl. 1827-1846. Guy, Earl of Warwick.Kemble, Adelaide.Mercadante, Saverio, 1795-1870. Elena da Feltre.Theater -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
- Playbills -- England -- London -- 1842.
Broadsides -- England -- London -- 1842.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.