Magic Dun Cow .., 
- Magic Dun Cow ...
- [London] : S.G. Fairbrother, "Garrick" Printing Office, 31, Bow Street, Covent Garden, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.) ; 75 x 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 7Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Doret, Yale BA 1968, and Linda MitchellAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Playbill for the Covent Garden Theatre, listing productions staged there in early February 1842 (probably from Feb. 4 to Feb. 11). The top half of the program advertises a production under the heading "Magic Dun Cow," which is presumably Richard Hughes' adaptation of Guy, Earl of Warwick. Also on the playbill are productions of Dion Boucicault's Irish heiress; Saverio Mercadante's Elena Uberti; and Vincenzo Bellini's Norma. The latter two productions starred Adelaide Kemble.
At bottom: "Mr. Andrews, 167, New Bond St., sole authorized agent for the disposal of private boxes belonging to the theatre ...
- Subject Terms:
- Bellini, Vincenzo, 1801-1835. Norma.Boucicault, Dion, 1820-1890. Irish heiress.Covent Garden Theatre.Hughes, Richard, fl. 1827-1846. Guy, Earl of Warwick.Kemble, Adelaide.Mercadante, Saverio, 1795-1870. Elena da Feltre.Theater -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
- Playbills -- England -- London -- 1842.
Broadsides -- England -- London -- 1842.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.