Greenwood (Leicester-Square, London, England), A catalogue of the magnificent collection of pictures of the late Sir Lawrence Dundas, Bart. , 
- A catalogue of the magnificent collection of pictures of the late Sir Lawrence Dundas, Bart. : which will be sold by auction by Messrs. Greenwood at their room in Leicester Square, on Thursday, 29th May, 1794, and two following days at twelve o'clock.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Half-title: Catalogue of a magnificent collection of pictures
- [London] : [Mr. Christie], 
London : Printed by C. Clarke, Northumberland Court, Strand,
- Physical Description:
- , 33,  p. ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 1 no. 61 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Final 3 pages are blank.
Signatures: pi² A-D⁴ [E]².
Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-A2052
Hazen, A.T. A catalogue of Horace Walpole's library, 3833
Date of sale: May 29th-31st, 1794.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is is annotated in ink with sale prices for all lots.. Number 61 of 61 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
LWL 49 3833 no.3: Horace Walpole's copy with notes, prices realized, and buyers' names.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- England -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Dundas, Lawrence, Sir, approximately 1710-1781 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 -- Ms. notes.Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 -- Ownership.
- Auction catalogs -- 1794 05 29.
Annotations (Provenance) -- 18th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.