Sturgis, Matthew, When in Rome , 2011
When in Rome : 2000 years of Roman sightseeing / Matthew Sturgis ; drawings by Natalie Turner.
- 1st Frances Lincoln ed.
- London : Frances Lincoln Ltd., 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 280 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryDG806.2 .S78 2011 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
The story of what Rome's visitors have looked at over the past two thousand years: the buildings, the statues, the paintings, the artefacts that have most impressed each generation of travellers.
- Subject Terms:
- Rome (Italy) -- Description and travel.Rome -- History.
- Republican Rome
- Imperial Rome
- Rome in the Dark Ages
- Mediaeval Rome
- Renaissance Rome
- Baroque Rome
- Rome and the grand tour
- Romantic Rome and the Victorians
- Modern Rome.