Hobson's fox-hunting atlas [cartographic material] : containing separate maps of every county in England, and the three ridings of Yorkshire; comprising forty-two maps, showing the roads, railways, canals, parks, etc., etc. / compiled from the maps of the board of ordnance ; and other surveys by J. and C. Walker.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Published by J. and C. Walker, [1850?]
- Physical Description:
-  p. : 42 double maps (colored) ; 36 cm. and 1 atlas ( p.,  leaves of plates) : 42 maps (colored) ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG1815 .H63 1850+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:150,000]
- Appears to have been published several years after the issue described in Podeschi.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, p. 179
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in red three quarter-morocco, and red publisher's cloth. Title page reset and slight variations in coloring in maps from the 1848 copy. From Corbet Smith to his uncle Charles Lerpison Smith in ink on title page.
- Subject Terms:
- Atlases, English.England -- Maps.Fox hunting -- England.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.J. and C. Walker -- Publisher.Smith, Charles Lerpison -- Pres. insc. from Corbet Smith.Smith, Corbet -- Pres. insc. to Charles Lerpison Smith.
- Atlases -- England -- 1848.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1850.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.