Smith, Charles Loraine, 1751-1835, [The Pychely Hunt], [1790-1791]
- [The Pychely Hunt].
- [London] : [Francis Jukes], [1790-1791]
- Physical Description:
- 8 leaves of plates : all ill. ; 28 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 43Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Set of eight Aquatint engravings of the Pytchley Hunt by Francis Jukes, after illustrations by Charles Loraine Smith.
Title from Snelgrove.
Imprint from plates. Dated March 31 1790-March 31, 1791.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 176
Schwerdt, C.F.G.R. Hunting, v. 3, p. 88
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in tan half calf and marbled boards, with calf title label. Armorial bookplate: R.N.H. Moore-Stevens.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Horse sports -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Moore-Stevens, R. N. H. -- Bookplate.
- Aquatints -- 1790-1791.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.