Divine examples of God's severe judgments upon Sabbath-breakers : in their unlavvful sports, collected out of several divine subjects, viz. Mr. H.B. Mr. Beard, and the practice of piety : a fit monument for our present times, &c.
- London : Printed for T. C. and sold by William Miller, at the Sign of the Gilded Acorn in St. Paul's Church-Yard, near the Little North Door, 1671.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. (woodcuts) ; 55 x 44 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 8Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Pu blic Domain
- Sources referred to in the title are Henry Burton and Thomas Beard, and the Practice of piety, by Lewis Bayly, Bishop of Bangor.
Imprint from foot of the sheet.
The text is printed in four columns.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.), D1720bA
- Subject Terms:
- God -- Wrath -- Early works to 1800.Judgment of God -- Early works to 1800.Sabbath -- Early works to 1800.Sunday -- England -- Early works to 1800.Sunday legislation -- Great Britain.T. C. -- Publisher.
- Broadsides -- England -- 17th century.
Woodcuts -- England -- 17th century.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Divine examples of God's severe judgments upon Sabbath-breakers , 1671
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.