Shires and provinces / by Sabretache ; illustrated by Lionel Edwards.
- London : Eyre and Spottiswoode ; 1926 [i.e. 1927]
New York : Charles Scribner's Sons, 1926 [i.e. 1927]
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 195 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK287.G7 S23 1927+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Sabretach is the pseudonym of Albert Stewart Barrow.
"Second impression, 1927."--Verso of title page.
Printer's device on title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Eyre and Spottiswoode -- Publisher.Fox hunting -- Great Britain.Foxhounds.Horse sports -- Great Britain.Quorn Hunt, England.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1927.
- The Quorn hounds
- The Duke of Rutland's hounds (The Belvoir)
- The Pytchley
- The Warwickshire and the North Warwickshire
- The Cheshire Hounds
- The Berkeley and the Old Berkeley
- The Duke of Beaufort's hounds
- The Cottesmore hounds
- The Whaddon Chase
- The Old Surrey and Burstow
- The Grafton hounds
- The Atherstone hounds
- The South Notts hounds
- The Devon and Somerset staghounds.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.