Sketches of cattle : the whole illustrative of landscape scenery / by Henry Alken.
- London : Published by S. and J. Fuller, at the Temple of Fancy, 34, Rathbone Place, 
- Physical Description:
-  pt. : all ill. ; 28 x 45 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 52Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This work will be complete is six monthly numbers, each number containing six plates"--Cover. Only two parts were published.
The plates in the first part are dated March 1, 1819; those in the second part are dated July 1st, 1819.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 32
Van Devanter, W. Checklist of books illustrated by Henry Alken, 67
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustration, D409
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy, Artistic.Animals in art.Cattle in art.Drawing -- Technique.S. and J. Fuller -- Publisher.Zoological illustration.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.