Rethinking the Baroque , 2011
Rethinking the Baroque / edited by Helen Hills.
- Farnham, Surrey : Ashgate, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 243 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6415.B3 R48 2011 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Historiography.Art, Baroque.
- The Baroque: the grit in the oyster of art history / Helen Hills
- On sculptural relief: Malerisch, the autonomy of artistic media and the beginnings of Baroqe studies / Alina Payne
- Ottoman Baroque: the limits of style / Howard Caygill
- Discomfited by the Baroque: a personal journey / Thomas DaCosta Kaufmann
- Reframing the Baroque: on idolatry and the threshold of humanity / Claire Farago
- Nicholas Hawksmoor's drawing technique of the 1690s and John Locke's Essay concerning human understanding / Anthony Geraghty
- The real in Rococo / Glenn Adamson
- Benjamin and the Baroque: posing the question of historical time / Andrew Benjamin
- Baroque matters / Mieke Bal
- The Baroque fold as map and as diagram / Tom Conley.