Art, power, diplomacy , c2011
- Art, power, diplomacy : Government Art Collection : the untold story / foreword by Nicholas Serota ; [essays by] Penny Johnson ... [et al.].
- Alternate Title(s):
- Government Art Collection: the untold story
- London : Scala, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- 191 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN1025.5 A77 2011 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published to accompany the exhibition held at the Whitechapel Gallery, June 2011.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
This is the first publication of its kind about the little known Government Art Collection. It presents the history of this eclectic collection, providing an insight into its changing and expanding role, while also showcasing a wide range of key words alongside a wealth of contextual material.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- Exhibitions.Great Britain. Government Art Collection -- Exhibitions.