- London : Published by S. & J. Fuller, 1832.
- Physical Description:
- 6 leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 43 x 55 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 19Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatint engravings by Charles Bentley; after Henry Thomas Alken.
Title and imprint from plates.
At the bottom of each plate is a verse from William Somerville's "The Chase."
Van Devanter, W. Checklist of books illustrated by Henry Alken, 81
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1973 ed.), p. 69
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 26-27.
Siltzer, F. Story of British sporting prints (2nd ed), p. 60
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in dark green half morocco and marbled boards. In dark red half morocco and red cloth sleeve.
- Subject Terms:
- Aquatints, Colored -- Specimens -- 1832.Horse racing -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Horsemanship -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.S. & J. Fuller -- Publisher.Steeplechasing -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.