The Quorn Hunt : in a series of eight plates, beautifully coloured / from drawings by Henry Alken ; illustrating Nimrod's celebrated article on "English fox-hunting" in the Quarterly review.
- London : Published Feby. 1835 by Rudolph Ackermann, at his Eclipse Sporting Gallery, 191, Regent Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 8 leaves of plates : all ill. ; 66 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 20 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 20 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatints by Frederick Christian Lewis; after Henry Alken.
Imprint from plates.
Alken's eight original watercolors reproduced here are now in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art (Department of Prints and Drawings, B2001.2.578-585).
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 18
Schwerdt, C.F.G.R. Hunting, III, p. 99-101
Van Devanter, W. Checklist of books illustrated by Henry Alken, 55
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is unbound, in tan wrappers printed in black.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is unbound; each print is individually matted.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, Rudolph -- Publisher.Fox hunting -- England -- Pictorial works.Quorn Hunt, England -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1835.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.