IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Philip William May, 1864–1903, British, "Jack" Millage, undated
- Black wash and graphite with pen and black ink on very thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 13/16 × 4 5/8 inches (19.8 × 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: " 'Jack' Millage."; in graphite, center left: "reduce 1/3 25. dotted background"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Philip May"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Andrew Wilton
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | portrait | smoking (activity) | suit
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.