Edinburgh Castle and Horse Fair
- Additional Title(s):
- ca. 1828
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 8 1/8 inches (14 × 20.6 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and grey ink, center right.: "Geor Wright Sta."
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered inside image, center right: "Geo. Wright Sta[bles]"
Signed in artist's hand in pen and black ink, lower right: "W. Geikie"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | fair | genre subject | horses (animals)
- Associated Places:
- Edinburgh | Edinburgh castle | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Walter Geikie, 1795–1837, British, Edinburgh Castle and Horse Fair, ca. 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.