- Falls at Schaffhausen
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 10 1/4 inches (18.1 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The same"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower left: "The same Wednesday June 17th 1782"; in graphite, lower left: "Falls of Rhine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | grand tours | hills | waterfalls
- Associated Places:
- Deutschland | Europe | Schaffhausen
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir George Howland Beaumont seventh Baronet, 1753–1827, British, Falls at Schaffhausen, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.