Falls at Schaffhausen
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 10 1/4 inches (18.1 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The same"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower left: "The same Wednesday June 17th 1782"; in graphite, lower left: "Falls of Rhine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | grand tours | hills | waterfalls
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Germany | Schaffhausen
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir George Howland Beaumont seventh Baronet, 1753–1827, British, Falls at Schaffhausen, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.