- The South Barracks, Gibraltar
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite, and collage on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 10 inches (15.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and blue ink on fragment of original mount: "The South Barracks Gilbraltar - part of the Bay - and | the mountains of Andalusia | from the Naval Hospital. | March 1844.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | couple | gardens | houses | landscape | mountains | natives | ships | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Gibraltar
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, The South Barracks, Gibraltar, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.