The Mountains of Africa, from the Hospital at Gilbraltar
- Watercolor over graphite with scraping out on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 10 inches (15.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on fragment of old mount in pen and blue ink: "The Mountains of Africa, from the Hospital at Gibraltar. | March 1844."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriages | figures | goats | horses (animals) | hospital | landscape | mountains | ocean | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Gibraltar
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, The Mountains of Africa, from the Hospital at Gilbraltar, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.