IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, Europa Lighthouse, Ceuta, Spain, 1843
Europa Lighthouse, Ceuta, Spain
- Watercolor and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 10 inches (15.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on fragment of old mount in pen and blue ink: "Europa Lighthouse | Ceuta - Apes Hill, - Atlas Mountains - & c | Novr. 1843."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | landscape | lighthouse | marine art | mountains | ocean | ships
- Associated Places:
- Ceuta | Europe | Spain
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.