Algeciras from Gibraltar
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 10 1/4 inches (18.1 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and blue ink, lower right: "Montagu Curtain"; inscribed on verso in pen and blue ink, lower left: "Algesiras from Gilbraltar | Casemate Barracks"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cannons | figure | fort | landscape | marine art | mountains | ships | wall
- Associated Places:
- Algeciras | Europe | Spain
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, Algeciras from Gibraltar, 1843
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.