Algeciras from Gibraltar
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 10 1/4 inches (18.1 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and blue ink, lower right: "Montagu Curtain"; inscribed on verso in pen and blue ink, lower left: "Algesiras from Gilbraltar | Casemate Barracks"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cannons | figure | fort | landscape | marine art | mountains | ships | wall
- Associated Places:
- Algeciras | Europe | Spain
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, Algeciras from Gibraltar, 1843
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.