Tarifa Point, Spain and Mons Abyla, Africa
- Watercolor and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 10 inches (15.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and blue ink, lower left: "Tarifa - and Apes Hill, &c. | P.O.C. Steamer Liverpool."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | mountains | ocean | sailboats
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Europe | Spain | Tarifa
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, Tarifa Point, Spain and Mons Abyla, Africa, 1843
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.