The Reflection: Grotesque Fat man Looking in a Hand Mirror
- Additional Title(s):
Female figure sketch
- Pen and brush with black ink; verso: black chalk on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 x 10 5/8in. (34.9 x 27cm) and Sheet: 13 3/4 × 10 5/8 inches (34.9 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in brushed black ink, lower left: "James Gillray"
Collector's mark: Thomas E. Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Gillray, Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fat | grotesque | hat | man | mirror
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Imitator of James Gillray, 1757–1815, British, The Reflection: Grotesque Fat man Looking in a Hand Mirror, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.