The Reflection: Grotesque Fat man Looking in a Hand Mirror
- Additional Title(s):
Female figure sketch
- Pen and brush with black ink; verso: black chalk on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 x 10 5/8in. (34.9 x 27cm), Sheet: 13 3/4 × 10 5/8 inches (34.9 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in brushed black ink, lower left: "James Gillray"
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Gillray, Del."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fat | grotesque | hat | man | mirror
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Imitator of James Gillray, 1757–1815, British, The Reflection: Grotesque Fat man Looking in a Hand Mirror, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.