Design for Extending the Garden Front at Carlton House, Pall Mall, London: Elevation
- between 1783 and 1796
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black ink, pen and brown ink, watercolor, and graphite on slightly textured, moderately thick, white laid paper
- Sheet: 17 7/8 × 36 11/16 inches (45.4 × 93.2 cm)
In pen and black ink, upper center: "Design for an elevation to Carlton Palace next the garden"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "extends 183 feet."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Holland, 1745–1806, British, Design for Extending the Garden Front at Carlton House, Pall Mall, London: Elevation, between 1783 and 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.