- The Zattere, Sunset
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 × 7 7/8 inches (15.2 × 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "ZATTERE"; lower center: "a very brilliant red tone. Sun. Fields scarlet over yellow"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | architectural subject | boardwalk | buildings | ships | sunset | water
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Venice
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Steve Bond, James Holland: the forgotten artist, Churnet Valley Books, Leek, Staffordshire, p. 85, NJ18.H719 B66 1999 (LC) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Holland, 1799–1870, British, The Zattere, Sunset, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.