- The King's Bastion, the Club House Hotel, Gibraltar
- Pen and black ink, watercolor, graphite and scraping out on thick slightly textured, cream card
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 10 inches (15.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on fragment of old mount in pen and blue ink: "The King's Bastion - the Club House Hotel, &c. - Gibraltar; | from Orange Bastion. | January, 1844. | Mons Abyla, or Apes Hill (Africa) in the distance."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bastion | buildings | figures | hotel | ocean | ships
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Gibraltar
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, The King's Bastion, the Club House Hotel, Gibraltar, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.