- Part of the Bay of Gibraltar, the Spanish Lines
- Watercolor and pen and brown ink over graphite with scraping out on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 10 inches (15.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "MONTAGU COUNTERGUARD"; inscribed on verso in pen and blue ink, lower left: "Part of Gibralter Bay. Mountains of Andalusia & | The Spanish Lines, &c. from Montagu Cavalier - Gibralter -"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay | beach | figures | houses | landscape | marine art | mountains | port | sailboats | sails | wall
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Straits of Gibraltar
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Lothian Hall, 1825–1888, British, Part of the Bay of Gibraltar, the Spanish Lines, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.