IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Mary Harcourt, 1750–1833, British, Tournon Opposite to Teint on the Rhone, ca. 1780
Tournon Opposite to Teint on the Rhone
- ca. 1780
- Brushed brown ink, brown wash, varnish and brown ground on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 7 3/4 x 12 1/8 inches (19.7 x 30.8 cm), Sheet: 5 3/4 x 10 inches (14.6 x 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink upper right: "Tournon opposite | to Teint on the Rhone"; inscribed on back on mount in graphite lower left: "< . . . > | 1/8 outside outer line"; in graphite lower right: "On the Rhone."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | hills | landscape | mountains | river | rivers | Towers | towns
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Rhône | Tournon
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Art of Alexander and John Robert Cozens (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-09-17 - 1980-11-16) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.