Beach Scene with Figures by a Breakwater
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Beach Scene with Breakers
- Watercolor and white gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- 4 × 6 3/8 inches (10.2 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "W. Gray"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "E.12.35 / 3rd Sept. 61."
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "JH. Set. '61"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | breakwater | clouds | figures | marine art | sand
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Holland, 1799–1870, British, Beach Scene with Figures by a Breakwater, 1861