Hilly Landscape with River and Cattle
- ca. 1810
- Watercolor over graphite on moderateley thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 12 3/4 inches (21 x 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "D. 3301"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, upper right, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | labor | landscape | men | river | rocks (landforms) | trees | waterfall | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Glover, 1767–1849, British, Hilly Landscape with River and Cattle, ca. 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.