- Hilly Landscape with River and Cattle
- ca. 1810
- Watercolor over graphite on moderateley thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 12 3/4 inches (21 x 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "D. 3301"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, upper right, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | labor | landscape | men | river | rocks (landforms) | trees | waterfall | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Glover, 1767–1849, British, Hilly Landscape with River and Cattle, ca. 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.