From the Church Hill, Ambleside
- Watercolor, gouache, and pen and black ink, with stumping on thick, rough, blue-gray wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 11 inches (18.1 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, lower left: "from the Church Hill Ambleside | 11th September 1816-"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Harden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dark | hill | landscape | mountain | people | town
- Associated Places:
- Ambleside | Cumbria | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Harden, 1772–1847, British, From the Church Hill, Ambleside, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.