- French Coast Scene with Fisherboy
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, pen and red ink, pen and gray ink, graphite, and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 10 3/4 inches (37.8 x 27.3 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and gray ink, lower right: "JD Harding 1829"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boat | boots | boy | chains | child | clouds | costume | dock | embroidery | figures (representations) | Grand Tour | hat | marine art | portrait | rocks (landforms) | rope | scarf (costume accessory) | sky
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Duffield Harding, 1798–1863, British, French Coast Scene with Fisherboy, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.