James Duffield Harding, 1798–1863, British, Fording the Stream in a Mountain Valley, undated
Fording the Stream in a Mountain Valley
- Watercolor with pen and black ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 2 11/16 x 6 7/8 inches (6.8 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, lower left: "Near [Rhuadan]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Allen Evarts Foster, B.A. 1906
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | dog (animal) | figures | horse (animal) | house | landscape | mountains | path | stream | trees | valley | walking
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.