Glencoe: A Shepherd Boy Crossing a Burn
- Watercolor over graphite with scratching out on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- 13 1/8 × 19 3/8 inches (33.3 × 49.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, L.L.:Glencoe.
Signed and dated in artist's hand in pen and brown ink, L.R.:Walter Goodall 1857
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | mountains | rocks (landforms) | shepherd | stream
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Glencoe | Highland | Scotland | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Walter Goodall, 1830–1889, British, Glencoe: A Shepherd Boy Crossing a Burn, 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.