Landing Place at Pallanza
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Head of Socrates
- Watercolor, pen and gray ink, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 9 1/16 × 36 5/8 inches (23 × 93 cm) and 8 13/16 × 36 3/8 inches (22.4 × 92.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, upper left: "Montagne de Laveno"; inscribed in pen, with gray ink, lower left: "Landing Place at Pallanza/[illegible] di Palanza", inscribed in pen, with gray ink, upper center: "Giovanni L'Milanise Chemin d arona | Isola Bella; inscribed in pen, with gray ink, lower center: "Isola St Guivanni, Isola B ella; inscribed in pen, with gray ink, upper right: "Isola Prochiere Lsola Madre"; inscribed in pen with gray ink, lower right: "Isola Madre"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | islands | lake | landscape | marine art | mountains | sailboats
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Pallanza | Verbania
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Gore, 1729–1807, British, Landing Place at Pallanza, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.