Lorch on the Rhine
- Additional Title(s):
Lorch am Rhein
- between 1790 and 1799
- Watercolor over graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper, pasted on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- 7 5/8 x 21 3/8 inches (19.4 x 54.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "no 20"; in graphite, lower right: "entre Mayence et Coblentz"
Signed and dated in black ink, lower right: "Lerch sur le Rhin C Gore 179[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | church | fort | Grand Tour | landscape | mountains | river | riverbanks | sailboats | ships | steeples
- Associated Places:
- Darmstadt | Europe | Germany | Hessen | Lorch | Rhine
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Gore, 1729–1807, British, Lorch on the Rhine, between 1790 and 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.