- View of Dürrenstein
- Watercolor with pen and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 15 inches (18.7 x 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, upper right: "Durin stein ou et ait confine Richard Co[eur] de Lion"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | castle | church | cityscape | Grand Tour | lake | landscape | mountains | oars | wall
- Associated Places:
- Dolomites | Dürrenstein | Europe | Italy | South Tyrol | Trentino-Alto Adige
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Gore, 1729–1807, British, View of Dürrenstein, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.