- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 27 inches (33.7 × 68.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with black ink, lower right: "Port d'Arona. | 1795"; inscrid in pen, with gray ink, upper left: "Montagnes du Lac Maggiore; inscribed in pen, with gray ink, upper right: "Chateau d'Angierra[...] [...] Arona | 1/2 mile[...] larger [...] 1795".
Watermark: Fleur-de-lis (fragment similar to Heawood 1820); D & C Beauw
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | forts | islands | lake | marine art | port
- Associated Places:
- Arona | Europe | Italy
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.