Fish Market, Hastings
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Coast Scene
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash and graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 10 3/8 inches (17.8 × 26.4 cm)
In pen and grey ink, LL: Fish Market, Hastings; and LC: 2 oct 1824; in a different hand, in pen and brown ink, LC: W.H. Harriott
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower center: "20ch 1824 W.Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | carriages | cityscape | dogs (animals) | fish market | genre subject | horse (animal) | men | stalls | vendors
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | Europe | Hastings | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Henry Harriott, active 1811, died 1839, British, Fish Market, Hastings, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.