Design for Grosvenor Bridge, Chester
- ca. 1825
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 24 inches (34.6 x 61 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "PROPOSED ELEVATION | of the NEW BRIDGE | NOW BUILDING over the RIVER DEE | CHESTER."; inscribed on verso in faint graphite, lower right: "[...] [J]ames Trubshaw, C.E."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | bridge (built work) | designs | elevations (drawings) | fences | pediments | stone | water
- Associated Places:
- Chester | Dee | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Harrison, 1744–1829, British, Design for Grosvenor Bridge, Chester, ca. 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.