IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Hook, ca. 1772–1828, British, A Regency Pair, 1802
A Regency Pair
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink, and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 10 1/4 inches (28.9 × 26 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "138-29x"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "138-29x | P"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "J Hook 1802"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dress | man | Regency | umbrella | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.